Creating a strong social media presence is quickly becoming an integral part of the overall marketing strategy for any business––including real estate. Twitter, in particular, is an extremely effective way to increase brand awareness, lend credibility, and create a dialogue between a business and its customers. For brokers, this platform can be a way to drive traffic to your company website and ultimately generate leads.
To get you started, here are three crucial steps from digital marketing expert Alyssa Mattero to guide you on your way to a strong Twitter presence:
1. First things, first. Claim your brand on Twitter!
- Create a Twitter handle and Twitter name that include your brand and keywords.
- Write a description that is honest, informative, and somewhat witty––this is often what will determine whether or not someone chooses to follow you.
- Use a photo of yourself as your profile picture––Twitter is about making connections and people are more likely to connect with a person rather than a company they know nothing about.
2. Determine your goals.
- Consider the following questions: What are you hoping to achieve on Twitter? Who are you trying to reach?
- Your twitter goals should consist of 3 parts: a metric, a targeted audience, and a deadline. For example: I want to be followed by 10 moving companies by the September; Or, I want to tweet 10 real estate articles each month.
3. Get started with tweets and followers.
- Follow people similar to you. (See what your competitors are doing. What are they posting? How many followers do they have?)
- Follow people you want to follow you––the easiest way to get a follower is to follow that person first.
- Follow accounts and retweet things that interest you. This shows personality and brings your brand to life.
- Use hashtags to organize your tweets into categories and make it easier for others to find them in a Twitter search.
- Content ideas include: company news, company blog posts, industry news, trends and events, quotes, memes, and videos you find interesting.
- Retweeting can be just as effective as creating your own tweet, and is a great way to connect with other Twitter users and gain followers.
This post can be found in its original form on ChicagoAgentMagazine.com.