6 ways to heat up interest in your property:
1. Post a professional looking sign. House hunters tend to scout out neighborhoods before looking at specific homes. A professional yard sign is one of the best ways for a seller to get their property noticed.
2. Use high quality photos. Whether you are marketing online or using flyers, pictures are the first thing a buyer looks at when considering the purchase of a home. For some easy photo tips, check out our previous post A Lesson in Real Estate Photography.
3. Return your home to a neutral state. Declutter, remove personal items, and return each room to its original intended use. Creating a neutral space will make it easier for prospective buyers to imagine themselves living in your home.
4. Don’t forget about curb appeal! Even simple things like washing your windows, mowing the lawn, and repairing small cracks in your driveway or sidewalk can make a significant difference.
5. Get social. Share photos of your home to your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social platforms. Even if your friends aren’t looking to buy, they may know someone who is.
6. Post your property to Househappy! Househappy.org is a place for buyers, sellers, and brokers to search and post property for sale around the world––for free. For FSBOs who may have fewer platforms on which to market their property, this is a great way to reach prospective buyers.
For additional tips, visit ForSaleByOwner.com.