With low inventories and rising prices, it is certainly a seller’s market; But if you are ready and eager to buy a home, you may want to consider one of these locations:
- Henderson, NV
- Las Vegas, NV
- Greensboro, NC
- El Paso, TX
- Lexington, KY
- North Las Vegas, NV
- Chesapeake, VA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Charlotte, NC
This list of 10 Best Cities for Homebuyers was created by Movoto based on the following criteria:
- Total home sales per capita – A housing market with more properties available will generally be less competitive.
- Median number of days on the market – Sellers may be more willing to negotiate and buyers have a better chance of getting the property they want when a home has been on the market for longer.
- Median income to median home price ratio – The more potential buyers make in relation to median home price, the higher the area’s affordability.
- Crime rate and school quality – Areas with lower crime rates and/or high quality schools are more attractive to buyers which keeps the property values up.
- Higher unemployment rate – When fewer people are capable of purchasing homes there is inevitably less competition for buyers. Obviously, higher unemployment in the long run can affect resale value, but the unemployment rate is likely to decrease over the next couple of years.
This post can be found in its original form on Movoto.