You may have loved your home when you moved in but is your space still working for you? Whether it’s time to move, time to remodel, or simply time for some reorganization, here are Apartment Therapy’s 5 warning signs that will let you know when it’s time to reevaluate your space:
1. Piles begin to pile up. Whether it’s piles of mail or piles of clothes, this is a sign that your organization methods aren’t working anymore. It might be time to rethink your systems or come up with a new way to tame your clutter.
2. You can’t find things when you need them. If it takes you time to find your keys, your wallet, the electric bill, or your favorite t-shirt, it’s probably time to organize your space.
3. You’re hesitant to invite people over. If the idea of hosting a dinner party fills you with a sense of dread, there may be a problem with how your home looks or functions.
4. Your furniture doesn’t reflect how you actually use the room. Do you work at your kitchen table instead of your home office? Do you watch TV in the bedroom and not the family room? You might be wasting or under-utilizing certain spaces that don’t actually serve your lifestyle.
5. You don’t feel relaxed when you get home. This is a big one. Your home should be your happy-place. While it may never be perfect, if you find yourself seldom feeling relaxed in your own space it is probably time to make a change.
This post can be found in its original form on Apartment Therapy.