Valentine’s Day is coming up tomorrow and love is in the air! If you’re looking for a last minute travel destination, consider checking out one of these Top 10 romantic cities selected by Livability.
10. Hot Springs, Arkansas––Once a popular destination for gangsters like Al Capone, Hot Springs has scenery, restaurants, antique shops, spas, and hiking. Hot spots include historic Bathhouse Row, the Grand Promenade, and Hot Springs National Park.
9. Coral Gables, Florida––A suburb of Miami, “The City Beautiful” is known for its wide avenues, green spaces, monumental buildings, and ornate plazas. For a romantic destination try the Venetian Pool with its crystal blue water, waterfalls, and cave-like grottos for couples to hide away.
8. Cambridge, Massachusetts––This enchanting city is home to two top tier universities, historic mansions, tons of bookstores, and a dynamic art scene. Take a stroll along the Charles River or take your date to one of the many music clubs, theaters, museums, and art galleries in historic downtown.
7. Savannah, Georgia––Imagine taking a horse drawn carriage ride through cobblestone streets lined with Victorian architecture, past fountains and trees draped with Spanish moss. What could be more romantic?
6. Kansas City, Missouri––Filled with Old-World architecture, Kansas City’s growing collection of performance venues, museums, shopping, sports attractions, and eclectic eateries is perfect for date night.
5. Santa Fe, New Mexico––Explore the Adobe buildings dating back to the late 1600s, the red mountains and green valleys, nearby vineyards, ancient Indian ruins, and traditional pueblos. As far as dining options, fresh takes on traditional foods and inventive uses of the chile pepper landed Santa Fe among the country’s best food cities.
4. Charlottesville, Virginia––Mountain views, historic architecture, sophisticated restaurants, and a thriving performing arts scene––what more could you want? Highlights include the Downtown Mall, Main Street Arena, and the Foxfield Inn, complete with in-room Jacuzzis!
3. Bend, Oregon––With a range of surroundings including high desert, pine forest, snowy mountain peaks, and cascading rivers, Bend is the perfect romantic getaway for couples who love the outdoors.
2. Napa, California––Wine country. Need we say more?
1. Scottsdale, Arizona––This town has a little bit of everything from spas to restaurants to night clubs. For the ultimate in romance, take a sunset hot air balloon ride over the legume trees and columnar cacti of the Sonoran Desert.
This article can be found in its original form on Livability.
Photo: Napa, California via Millwood Inn